Origines of Rome resource pack was released with the explicit purpose of adding a unique look to Minecraft, bringing in the wonders of ancient Rome. Fans of the ancient Roman Empire will get to enjoy the special assets introduced by the resource pack. Many and extensive texture changes, as well as lighting effects, allow Minecraft players to recreate the atmosphere of Roman and Greek architecture. To enjoy the full experience, it is recommended to use the resource pack along with Optifine. The resource pack mostly works as add-on to Monsterfish’s Conquest resource pack and its latest version is compatible with Minecraft 1.7.x and Minecraft 1.8.x. According to the original developers, the resource pack was created to complement the Conquest resource pack and it is recommended to have both to experience and built ancient worlds. Once installed, the Origines of Rome texture pack will replace the existing textures with new ones.
All the new textures mimic construction materials that were commonly used in ancient Rome such as clay, wool, limestone, and many more. All the textures introduced enables players to recreate staple buildings from the old Roman empire. Besides the textures, the resource pack introduces new custom night skies. Day skies have also been changed along with a new clear water texture. All these elements can be combined to create amazing cities inspired by ancient Rome. The resolution of the textures in Origines of Rome are 32×32. Being 32x makes the textures less resource-intensive so that they can be played even by Minecraft users with older computers. Also, the resolution makes the textures blend into the game without having a considerably distinctive look from the standard textures in Minecraft. Users that have the Conquest resource pack installed should be aware that some of the textures will be replaced by Origines of Rome resource pack textures. Both resource packs use the same 32x resolution.
Origines of Rome (Add-on Pack for Conquest) should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8 - 1.7.10 - 1.7.9 - 1.7.4 - 1.7
Origines of Rome (Add-on Pack for Conquest) — Screenshots
How to install Origines of Rome Resource Pack:
NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Origines of Rome texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click “Options”.
- On the options menu, click “Resource Packs…”.
- Click on “Open Resource Pack Folder”. – folder titled “resourcepacks” will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened “resourcepacks” folder.
- Click “Done”.
- Click on “Resource Packs…” again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click “Done” again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
- Origines of Rome is an add-on pack for Conquest. Make sure to install the Conquest resource pack first and then Origines of Rome.
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links (including direct download links) provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on this site.
- By leaving comments below and voting for the pack, you help the authors improve their project.