There are hundreds of Minecraft texture packs that add a medieval theme to the game, make it cartoonish or try to bring in some photo-realism. Apocalyptic-themed resource packs are more of a rarity and amongst them, End is Extremely Nigh resource pack is probably one of the best. Released in late 2011, the resource pack had a long period during which it received no updates. It was updated to version 1.16 and despite the many texture changes it brings, there are still a few missing ones. The End is Extremely Nigh texture pack introduces new textures to common blocks and items that would allow players to build apocalyptic worlds. The developers have added concrete blocks, asphalt roads, metal blocks, new windows, brick walls, wooden crates, and new fences. There are also new custom items such as an oven, gas tanks, new window types, new paintings, and even a fridge.
All these improvements make it possible to build dark apocalyptic worlds. To match the new visuals of the textures, the lighting is also a bit different. There is now the option to add interior lights that have different color shades such as green and blue. Minecraft is less bright and there are many darker tones. It allows the creation of worlds in a state of decay that needs to be rebuilt. There are also new custom sounds to match the theme as well as tweaked GUI/HUD. The resource pack is made in a 32x resolution. Compared to the default 16x Minecraft texture resolution, it is a considerable upgrade. The textures in the resource pack are loaded with more details but not all the textures in the game have been upgraded. Since the resolution of textures in End is Extremely Nigh resource pack is higher, it may cause a minor decrease in performance for players with older systems.
The End is Extremely Nigh should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.16.5 - 1.16.4 - 1.16.3 - 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16 - 1.15.2 - 1.15.1 - 1.15 - 1.14.4 - 1.14.3 - 1.14.2 - 1.14 - 1.10.2 - 1.10 - 1.9.4 - 1.9 - 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8
The End is Extremely Nigh — Screenshots
How to install The End is Extremely Nigh Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the The End is Extremely Nigh texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links (including direct download links) provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on this site.
- By leaving comments below and voting for the pack, you help the authors improve their project.