The Glimmar’s Steampunk resource pack which was originally developed for the Minecraft 1.4 version is one of the most outstanding and widely known texture packs. Despite being solely created for Minecraft 1.4 by the creators, it has now been designed in a way that it is compatible with virtually all the subsequent Minecraft versions. The most commendable feature of this pack is that despite being around for more than eight years, it is still being updated every now and then. Yes, this is an old resource pack, but made qualitatively. Prior to now, the Glimmar’s Steampunk pack was relatively dormant until recently when the creators gave it a great boost by updating it to become compatible with virtually all the Minecraft version even version 1.13, this update, of course, eliminates any challenge users may face when using it. The Glimmar’s Steampunk is a mixture of sci-fi and victorian styles with a darkly themed color palette. This style may appear a bit disorganized or unappealing when presented on paper, but without a doubt, this choice of art styles complement each other well and help to create very spectacular and gorgeous visual.
It is important to note that, after applying the Glimmar’s Steampunk resource pack to your Minecraft, you may have to learn it over again and get used to it because of the changes associated with the resource pack, this is however not a big deal, after playing with it a while, you will be able to figure it out and get comfortable with using it again. To get the most out of your Glimmar’s Steampunk, it is recommended that you use it alongside Optfine. Optfine gives you access to numerous extra features such as special mob animation, it gives better lighting as well as connected textures and even animated guns. The features available when you use Optfine are more than what you have when you use your Glimmar’s resource pack alone. Finally it important to note that due to the resolution of this pack which is x64, the PC you run it on must be above average, this will enable you to run it without any frame rate related issues.
Glimmar's Steampunk — Video & Screenshots
How to install Glimmar's Steampunk Resource PackNOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be installed, so be sure to install it.
- Download the resource pack from the links below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch Minecraft.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Before proceeding with download, please pay attention to:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Do not forget to leave a comment. This will help the authors to improve their project.