There have been a lot of resource packs developed around the theme of Christmas. While most of them are joyful and colorful, catering to a younger audience, the Nightmare Before Christmas resource pack introduces a whole new twist. It combines elements that would seem more fitting for a Halloween-themed resource pack but with a Christmas theme. The result is a dark Christmas theme that is based on the film by Tim Burton that wears the same name. The developer, Jsoft, challenged his creativity by creating this unique Minecraft resource pack which completely changes the way vanilla looks. The resource pack uses the same resolution as the default vanilla Minecraft. By using 16x textures, the resource pack does not affect game performance. Players with old systems can still enjoy the resource pack with no issues. However, the resource pack does look better with shaders that add a bit of blur, making the world much creepier. Looking at the visual changes, the texture pack introduces a few new textures for several blocks. It also adds new blocks and items such as scary paintings, new windows, green flames and fire, Halloween pumpkins, new plants and flowers of darker color that almost look dead, and a bunch of other items.
Besides the items, the resource pack also adds new mobs such as a tall stick figure that resembles Slenderman. Also, there are over 40 player skins that range from skeleton Santa Claus to zombie, scarecrow, and many more. Despite all these amazing visual upgrades, the resource pack only has a few tens of thousands of downloads since it was released, almost a decade ago. Certainly, it deserves much more. The Nightmare Before Christmas texture pack also touches upon items such as armor, weapons, and particle effects. To accommodate the new weapons and armor, the player HUD was tweaked and has a darker color. The main menu is also changed, now with darker colors and a creepy vibe to it. All these changes alongside the fact that it is a 16x resolution resource pack make it PvP friendly. It does not require a powerful system to run properly at decent FPS. Installing the resource pack can be done with Optifine HD as it uses its special features. Some of these features include new textures for the sky, clouds, and a larger moon that fits perfectly with the overall theme of the resource pack. Also, the resource pack works very well without shaders but for a creepier blurry look, a shader is recommended.
Nightmare Before Christmas should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.10.2 - 1.10 - 1.9.4 - 1.9 - 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8 - 1.7.10 - 1.7.9 - 1.7.4 - 1.7
Nightmare Before Christmas — Screenshots
How to install Nightmare Before Christmas Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Nightmare Before Christmas texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Before downloading, please pay attention to the fact that:
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.