Inspired by the 2007 Nintendo DS game The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, the Zelda Phantom Hourglass resource pack brings the aesthetic of The Legend of Zelda games into the cube-like world of Minecraft graphics. The creator of this pack modified the trees, water, and other aspects of scenery to appear more natural, creating a more immersive experience akin to the hero Link’s adventures. The rivers and ocean contain similar waves and patterns to Phantom Hourglass, and their crisp colors and design are definitely a highlight of this pack. If you want a pack to make your water to look more realistic, this pack is worth trying just for that reason. This pack also alters the textures of trees, replacing the fuzzy pixelated bunches of leaves with what appears to be large tropical leaves. The gaps in the leaves look a bit strange and unnatural, though some may still prefer their aesthetic to the non-modified trees. As far as other textures go, there are certain blocks that vary so much in their color from the original that they can be hard to identify. This is something you will likely notice the first time you go underground and discover a patch obsidian.
It makes the first moments with this resource pack a little confusing, but with enough time you will become familiar with the new texture pack. There are many standalone resource packs that work to enhance Minecraft’s user-interface, but the Zelda Phantom Hourglass resource pack goes above and beyond with its GUI. The creativity and quality of this pack is on another level. The creation of the Zelda Phantom Hourglass resource pack began more than five years ago, with continuous updates and improvements to the designs. While some default Minecraft animals still remain in this resource pack, the creator has also included the addition of other animals. Downloaders of this pack will notice certain variations in the creatures, such as in the design of the squids and chickens, to better suit the Phantom Hourglass theme. One overlooked improvement would be replacing the chicken models altogether with birds more closely resembling the iconic Cuccos from The Legend of Zelda series. The resolution for the Zelda Phantom Hourglass resource pack is 32×32, rather than the common 16×16, but this likely will not affect the performance of the game. The textures are well optimized so the pack should run smoothly without any major hiccups. Just as this pack evokes a sense of nostalgia from lovers of The Legend of Zelda franchise, the natural scenery and bright colors can be just as enjoyable for those who have no experience with the games.
Zelda : Phantom Hourglass should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.13.2 - 1.13.1 - 1.13 - 1.12.2 - 1.12 - 1.11.2 - 1.11 - 1.10.2 - 1.10 - 1.9.4 - 1.9 - 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8
Zelda : Phantom Hourglass — Video & Screenshots
How to install Zelda : Phantom Hourglass Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Zelda : Phantom Hourglass texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links (including direct download links) provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on this site.
- By leaving comments below and voting for the pack, you help the authors improve their project.