A lot of resource packs take inspiration from various themes derived from movies, games, and pop culture. The Ghostmods Skyrim HD resource pack is one such example and it is a good one. Adapting some of the visuals and the building blocks of Skyrim, the resource pack drastically changes the way Minecraft looks and it is all for the better. It also managed to stir a lot of attention, cumulating tens of thousands of downloads since it was launched. The Skyrim HD texture pack increases texture resolution from the default 16x to 128x. This means 8 times more details on each block in Minecraft. Such a high resolution means that blocks appear less pixelated and there is less overall noise. There is more detail to see in almost every aspect of the game.
According to the developer of the resource pack, Ghostmods Skyrim HD reached beta status which means that all the blocks, items, paintings, weapons, armor, and everything else in the game are completed. There is also new music that is reminiscent of Skyrim. However, this is not just a visual upgrade with textures being upscaled. Many of them have been changed completely. There are new chests, new paintings, new blocks, fire, new floors, and many more. There are also new weapons and armor. All these improvements add RPG elements to Minecraft. They also enable players to build large worlds with castles, epic dungeons, amazing mountain landscapes, and even zones from the game. Being a 128x texture resolution resource pack, Ghostmods Skyrim HD is resource demanding. Users with older systems will notice a considerable framerate drop.
Ghostmod's Skyrim HD should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8 - 1.7.10 - 1.7.9 - 1.7.4 - 1.7 - 1.6.4 - 1.6.2
Ghostmod's Skyrim HD — Screenshots
How to install Ghostmod's Skyrim HD Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Ghostmod's Skyrim HD texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Before downloading, please pay attention to the fact that:
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.