The CraftBoy resource pack is something new and unique in the world of Minecraft. Often times, simplicity is the best especially when it comes to games like Minecraft. The overall game is simple, including the textures, blocks, and gameplay. Fortunately, The CraftBoy texture pack will improve your Minecraft experience by making the game even simpler. This resource pack makes textures look more primitive, replacing many of the unnecessary colors with greens and greys. This creates a visual effect on the whole world, much like something off an old Game Boy game. If you enjoy the green retro look, or grew up playing older games, this resource pack may be perfect for you. The monochrome vintage look is great if you are looking for some nostalgia or a fresh Minecraft experience. In comparison to other packs, the CraftBoy resource pack doesn’t just perform a function that is already in Minecraft. Instead, it is actually a collection of three different packs.
It features a black and white pack, a monochrome pack, and a color pack. Without having to do anything (other than installing the pack), this resource pack will automatically transforms Minecraft into a whole new visual experience. The CraftBoy resource pack allows you to play Minecraft from a new and aesthetic perspective. However, there are some drawbacks by making everything green and grey. For example, text may be more difficult to read. Also, your armor and health may be unclear since they are both the same color. The values may also appear higher then reality since the empty and full icons for health and armor look similar. Finally, the lack of color also impacts the appearance of crops. Crops like wheat, carrots, and potatoes are similar colors, making it harder to differentiate them before full maturity. This is why it’s important to wait for your crops to finish growing before harvesting. On the other hand, this is not such a big problem, since the author is providing the color version as well.
CraftBoy should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.9.4 - 1.9 - 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8
CraftBoy — Video & Screenshots
How to install CraftBoy Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the CraftBoy texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links (including direct download links) provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on this site.
- By leaving comments below and voting for the pack, you help the authors improve their project.