The SilverStone resource pack had its development halted a couple of years ago. No developer has picked up the task of working on the resource pack thus SilverStone. The most recent release works with Minecraft 1.10. Players that wish to still play using the SilverStone resource pack will need to use the Minecraft launcher and downgrade their installation to version 1.10 or lower. Newer versions of Minecraft may experience issues running the resource pack. SilverStone resource pack was made mostly to bring some improvements to the different types of blocks available in Minecraft. It changes some of the color tones and visuals to make the blocks more distinguishable and easier to differentiate. The resource pack is not limited to the simple recoloring of existing assets. It includes new textures and improves existing ones such as sandstone or chiseled sandstone. Not all objects in the game received new textures.
The last released version of the SilverStone texture pack improves on just 50% of all the assets. The author of the pack also intentionally omitted to change textures for some elements such as grassy dirt or tree leaves as they were deemed as not needing to be changed. As the development stopped, it is unclear if the original author/developer of the resource pack had any plans to improve more textures. The resource pack itself is small in size but contains more than enough visual improvements to make notable changes to the vanilla version of Minecraft. Besides the improvements to textures, the resource pack brings a tweaked GUI and a few particle effects. Even if it is not a complete resource pack it brings plenty of changes to the default Minecraft visuals to make it worth trying out. The textures are made in a 16×16 resolution. It will run on modern and old systems as long as they run Minecraft 1.10.x or earlier.
SilverStone should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.10.2 - 1.10 - 1.9.4 - 1.9 - 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8
SilverStone — Screenshots
How to install SilverStone Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the SilverStone texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links (including direct download links) provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on this site.
- By leaving comments below and voting for the pack, you help the authors improve their project.