Minecraft became such a popular game due to its graphics and gameplay. There is no story to keep players hooked. However, as time passed by, Minecraft did not age well. Graphics feel dated and while most resource packs try to increase texture resolution, there is only a handful that makes the game better without doing so. The Pamplemousse resource pack is one such example. It manages to improve the visuals in the game in so many ways that it makes it feel fresh and more enjoyable without having to go beyond 16x. Having the Pamplemousse resource pack use 16x textures is important. The reason why this matters is that it does not affect the game performance all that much. What this means is that if you can play vanilla Minecraft with reasonable framerates, you should not worry about major performance drops when using Pamplemousse. Getting back to the visuals, the Pamplemousse resource pack plays around a lot with the colors on most textures in the game.
The details on the textures are the same with some improvements to things such as grass, leaves, paintings, trees, certain ores, and other objects in the game. The colors of the textures are considerably brighter. Compared to vanilla textures which were much toned down and features more pale colors, the textures in Pamplemousse are much more pleasant. It does not introduce new items in the game by simply swapping out textures. This means that if you are looking for a resource pack that you can enjoy and build medieval constructions, modern settings, or simply a beach resort, Pamplemousse is the resource pack to go. The original developer calls it an HD simulation resource pack and to a certain degree, that goal is achieved. Its simplicity and appealing visuals did make it a very popular resource pack with over 200,000 downloads on PMC alone. As a final tip, the Pamplemousse resource pack manages to improve the visuals in Minecraft. However, if you want to take things to a new level, consider getting a shader pack to improve lighting as well. Just keep in mind that it may affect the performance of the game.
Pamplemousse should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.9.4 - 1.9 - 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8
Pamplemousse — Screenshots
How to install Pamplemousse Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Pamplemousse texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Before downloading, please pay attention to the fact that:
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.