It seems that there is an endless stream of resource packs that claim to take inspiration from The Legend of Zelda games. While many of them try, very few succeed in bringing the vibe of the Legend of Zelda games to Minecraft. Classic Zelda resource pack is the exception to the rule. It is one of the most downloaded resource packs inspired by the Nintendo games and it manages to do so without turning vanilla Minecraft into a completely different game. The Classic Zelda texture pack introduces amazing new textures and preserves the original Minecraft 16x resolution. This makes it a lightweight resource pack that does not alter Minecraft too much. It will run just as well as vanilla Minecraft despite the many texture and model changes it adds to the game. It adds several new blocks, new textures for bricks, ores, stone, different types of terrain, new grass textures, and many more.
The ores in the game have been changed with new textures, making them easier to tell apart. Regardless, the most notable addition that comes with the Classic Zelda resource pack is the raft. Just like in the Zelda games where the raft is an iconic means of travel, there is now a raft in Minecraft as well. Beyond the new textures, some effort was made to introduce new textures for tools and weapons. All of them were inspired by Zelda games. One interesting aspect is the addition of a few new armor pieces. As the developer states, Link does not wear armor. The armor pieces in the resource pack are added for Darknut, an enemy from the game. All these new items and weapons also received new inventory icons. The inventory interface has been tweaked and the developer went the extra mile to also create a lovely custom main menu screen. Many elements from the resource pack were taken from the first game and the second NES game. Hostile mobs were also redesigned with new textures to look like monsters from the Legend of Zelda games.
Classic Zelda should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8 - 1.7.10 - 1.7.9 - 1.7.4 - 1.7
Classic Zelda — Screenshots
How to install Classic Zelda Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Classic Zelda texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links (including direct download links) provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on this site.
- By leaving comments below and voting for the pack, you help the authors improve their project.