There is a certain feeling of nostalgia that washes over you when you play a game that you used to back in the day. Because of that, there was a demand to create a special resource pack, one that will allow you to play Minecraft like you used to back in its earliest stages. The BetaBox resource pack was created by SheldonTheAssassin, and it was designed with one thing in mind: to let veteran players remember how they used to play in the good old Minecraft days – back in the alpha stages. New players can also get to experience what is now lost in newer versions. This texture pack brings back all the old fun stuff for you to enjoy once again. Almost all of the old textures are back, but some of them are back with a little twist.
As you’d expect, most textures are replaced with old variants from the alpha stage – but some of them were carefully curated and given a new face for you to enjoy. Don’t worry, though! There are no extreme changes in this resource pack, only small improvements in certain textures. The art style remains the same in this resource pack – there will be no surprises here! If you choose the BetaBox resource pack, you are not only getting the alpha stage experience. You will also get to play with new custom features and textures that are available for all players. This resource pack brings back the good things from Minecraft alpha stage and it also adds new things for you to play with! This resource pack uses the standard x16 resolution, so there’s nothing to worry about when it comes to framerate or performance issues. If you have a computer that can run vanilla Minecraft, you’re good to go!
BetaBox! should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8 - 1.7.10 - 1.7.9 - 1.7.4 - 1.7
BetaBox! — Screenshots
How to install BetaBox! Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the BetaBox! texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links (including direct download links) provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on this site.
- By leaving comments below and voting for the pack, you help the authors improve their project.