Steven’s Traditional resource pack is one of the first packs on the market that managed to revolutionize Minecraft visuals. Many packs tried this uneasy task of improving the blocky graphics, while preserving the traditional retro style of the game, but only few of them have succeeded. Steven’s Traditional is one of the packs that managed to bring about an upgrade in Minecraft visuals, while keeping it as simple and efficient as a decade ago. The pack improves user experience, making the graphics more vivid, pleasing, and dynamic. What makes Steven’s Traditional stand out from other packs is its incredible incorporation of details in the game. The textures preserve the blocky design, but at the same time give out more details that keep the player engaged. At first sight, the details are not visible. You have to take a look up close for noticing the improvements that were made.
The key to the successful upgrade performed by this pack is the incorporation of connected textures that make the visuals more realistic and dynamic, which helps the player immerse totally in the gaming process. The in-game sky was also upgraded, becoming more bright and vibrant. As regards colors, the pack uses a variety of hues that make the animations more vividly looking. In addition, the animations turned smoother, but also were complemented with new ones, produced by Steven’s Traditional. Despite of becoming more stylish and high-resolution, the game retains its initial retro appeal. Steven’s Traditional pack substitutes the x16 resolution to a x64 resolution, which makes the player see and feel the textures in detail. Once the resolution is higher this means that the hardware requirements are also higher. If you want to use this resource pack, you will need to have a more powerful machine that supports a x64 resolution. Otherwise you can face frame-rate troubles.
Steven's Traditional — Screenshots
How to install Steven's Traditional Resource PackNOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be installed, so be sure to install it.
- Download the resource pack from the links below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch Minecraft.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Before proceeding with download, please pay attention to:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Do not forget to leave a comment. This will help the authors to improve their project.
CTM Add-on – for Minecraft 1.14+
GRAY/DEFAULT Menu Interface – for Minecraft 1.14+