In the vast sea of overwhelmingly detailed, high-resolution resource packs, the Simplex resource pack is a refreshing take on a minimalistic look that can rarely be seen these days. However, the simplicity of this pack doesn’t come at the cost of quality. It’s important to note that while it does enhance the overall atmosphere and even makes the world look a bit cartoonish, it still manages to keep the original blocky feel of Minecraft. Casual players are going to be pleasantly surprised by the relaxing feel that these retextures bring to the table. The first thing that you’ll notice is the “flat” look of the blocks. They don’t try to complicate the texture’s structure – instead, they’re fairly simple with a lot of details and outlines that the modern, real-life motivated resource packs are lacking. You won’t be overwhelmed and left wondering whether you’re looking at a block of stone or cobblestone.
The developer applies this elegant, unique formula to every part of the game. According to his words, Simplex’s goal is to combine a simple and blocky style with the detail of HD textures – and he’s been pretty successful with this. While the pack still isn’t 100% completed, the most common blocks are more or less redone. While you might expect Simplex to be a low-resolution resource pack, that’s not the case – the two available versions are 64×64 and 128×128. This is because even though the overall look of the textures is simple, there is an impressive amount of depth to them that couldn’t otherwise be realized. If you’re on a lower-end PC, this might cause performance drops, so make sure to run it alongside Optifine if that’s the case. Although Simplex’s original release is getting close to its tenth birthday, it still manages to remain relevant and unique even today.
Simplex should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8 - 1.7.10 - 1.7.9 - 1.7.4 - 1.7
Simplex — Video & Screenshots
How to install Simplex Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Simplex texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links (including direct download links) provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on this site.
- By leaving comments below and voting for the pack, you help the authors improve their project.