As its name suggests, the Silent Hill resource pack is an attempt at reviving the trademark gloomy atmosphere of this classic, hugely popular horror franchise and bringing it to Minecraft. This might make you question whether the pack itself really transforms the game and makes it a truly scary experience. While the answer is certainly no, it still brings it to the closest possible point that can be achieved only by using a resource pack. If you’re a fan of the original Silent Hill games, you’ll be pleasantly surprised by some of the quite impressive representations of the original game’s textures. One thing that the Silent Hill texture pack manages to pull off extremely well is the general feeling of uneasiness, achieved mostly by the gloomy atmosphere that overtakes the usual upbeat setting of Minecraft. Even when it’s daytime, you’ll notice that there’s not a whole lot of bright areas where you can take refuge in.
The blocks are quite similar to those found in medieval-style resource packs, while the items have a rugged, worn-out appearance. In order to make the experience even more realistic, the pack brings in a plethora of sounds that have been ported straight from the original games. It’s clear from the beginning that the Silent Hill resource pack is tailored to those who prefer a dark, grim atmosphere with a couple of fairly scary elements. The three different texture resolution options mean that almost anyone can enjoy this pack without any significant performance drops, regardless of the computer hardware. There are 64x, 128x, and 256x variations. Also, there are some features that require Optifine in order to work, so make sure to keep that in mind. Even though the Silent Hill resource pack hasn’t been updated for Minecraft versions over 1.8.x, it’s still one of the most popular horror-themed packs out there.
Silent Hill should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8 - 1.7.10 - 1.7.9 - 1.7.4 - 1.7 - 1.6.4 - 1.6.2 - 1.5.2
Silent Hill — Video & Screenshots
How to install Silent Hill Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Silent Hill texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links (including direct download links) provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on this site.
- By leaving comments below and voting for the pack, you help the authors improve their project.