Most of the Minecraft resource packs can be divided into two categories – realistic and cartoonish – and the Realistic Swag resource pack belongs to the former group. Many of those are made by using real-life photographs, that are then converted into lower resolution in order to be able to be displayed inside of the game. The Realistic Swag Pack seems to take a somewhat similar approach – the grass and water are going to leave you feeling like you’re inside of an image instead of Minecraft. One massive advantage is that the Realistic Swag Pack doesn’t have to be used alongside Optifine, which is usually not the case with these types of retextures. An important thing to note is that even though this resource pack attempts to amplify the overall gameplay experience, it tries hard to maintain the original feel of the game for those old-school MInecraft enthusiasts that can’t do without the blocky nature of it.
Arguably the largest change that the players can see are water surfaces. The Realistic Swag texture pack eliminates the murky texture of the original bodies of water and instead makes them clear, which means that players can pretty much see what’s at the bottom of them. Now, this change would go along pretty awesome with Minecraft’s recent Aquatic update. Unfortunately, the pack was made with Minecraft 1.8, so you probably won’t get an optimal experience with later versions of the game. However, the resolution of the textures is a whopping 128x, so it might even be worth reverting the game to the older version. But if you have a lower-end PC, chances are that you’ll struggle with performance drops due to the eight times higher level of detail. Also, keep in mind that the pack is still a work in progress, as the developer seems to be taking his/her time with it.
Realistic Swag should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8 - 1.7.10 - 1.7.9 - 1.7.4 - 1.7 - 1.6.4 - 1.6.2
Realistic Swag — Screenshots
How to install Realistic Swag Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Realistic Swag texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Before downloading, please pay attention to the fact that:
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.