If we would look back a decade ago, there were not a lot of resource packs that attempted to bring more realism to Minecraft. The Outdoorsy Realism resource pack is one of the first ones to attempt to improve the textures in the game and upscale the resolution. It is now close to a decade old and it remains a popular resource pack despite not being updated for several years. Because it has not been updated in a while, the resource pack can be played on Minecraft versions 1.6.X and 1.7.X. Players that are running different versions will need to switch to either of the two. The resource pack moves away from the default 16x resolution of textures in Minecraft and moves to 64x. By upscaling the resolution, there are now more details on every single block or object in the game.
While not everything was changed, most of the textures in the game look more realistic. The resource pack introduces new weapons, armors, new particle effects for water and water splash, atmospheric biomes, new rain, and thunder effects, and many new textures for blocks and items. Some interesting features of the resource pack include improved villager textures that are now more realistic. The original developer also worked on mobs and added a new slenderman skin that is both cool and terrifying. These visuals are just one part of the improvements that the Outdoorsy Realism resource pack brings to Minecraft. It also adds new music and new sound effects. It also fiddles with the GUI and player HUD, making the inventory system easier to manage. Also, the resource pack adds a new main menu screen and new icon textures.
Outdoorsy Realism should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.7.10 - 1.7.9 - 1.7.4 - 1.7 - 1.6.4 - 1.6.2
Outdoorsy Realism — Screenshots
How to install Outdoorsy Realism Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Outdoorsy Realism texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links (including direct download links) provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on this site.
- By leaving comments below and voting for the pack, you help the authors improve their project.