With thousands of high resolution, sophisticated resource packs out there, it’s not an easy task to make one that’s going to be recognized by people – especially if it focuses on simplicity and unobtrusiveness. The scene has been overtaken by hardware dependent textures which try to make the game as bulky as possible. Still, OGZCraft resource pack managed to make a name for itself without reinventing the wheel. OGZCraft marks OfficialGoneZero’s debut as a resource pack developer, which is a surprise considering how polished and well implemented it is. An especially interesting part is the pack’s resolution of only 8×8 – half of the Minecraft’s original textures. While it may deter some users, it’s a very welcome characteristic for those with poor PC’s who want to enjoy a smooth experience. In an attempt to be unique, many similar resource packs introduce uninviting additions that make the game look like a kid drew it.
To counter that, OGZCraft doesn’t try to be flashy by cluttering the game’s original color coding. Instead, it stays true to Minecraft’s essence. While it’s correct that you won’t notice much of a change once you enter the world, the true beauty of this pack lies in its high quality textures that manage to keep all the details even at the resolution of 8×8. The most major difference are the paintings, which take inspiration from the Pokemon franchise. The armor has received some additional touch-ups as well, mainly the gold set. Since it has been in development for quite some time, the OGZCraft resource pack is essentially glitchless. The handcrafted textures manage to paint a good picture of how much effort went into every single block, item and mob/NPC. If you want to take a break from all the comprehensive alternatives and go back to what made Minecraft what it is today, there’s no better way than with OGZCraft.
OGZCraft should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.16.5 - 1.16.4 - 1.16.3 - 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16 - 1.15.2 - 1.15.1 - 1.15 - 1.14.4 - 1.14.3 - 1.14.2 - 1.14 - 1.13.2 - 1.13.1 - 1.13 - 1.12.2 - 1.12 - 1.11.2 - 1.11 - 1.10.2 - 1.10 - 1.9.4 - 1.9 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8
OGZCraft — Video & Screenshots
How to install OGZCraft Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the OGZCraft texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Before downloading, please pay attention to the fact that:
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.