If you’re a fan of vibrant, comic book style textures, then look no further than the HerrSommer Dye resource pack. However, unlike the extremely cartoonish packs by the likes of PureBDCraft, it manages to perfectly combine the original Minecraft feel and the more energetic look that accurately mimics that of the comic books. When you first load it up, you’ll almost feel like the brightness and gamma are increased by more than the game itself allows due to how vibrant everything is. One of the advantages of this pack is that you won’t have to deal with the pixels of the original blocks sticking out, which is a common occurrence with the resource packs that are still a work in progress. The HerrSommer Dye is over 90% complete so that even those rarely used blocks are going to be completely revamped and up-to-date.
While the textures still carry that traditional blocky feel, you’ll notice a significant jump in quality mostly where the rough edges would be with the original game’s textures. Also, the extremely bright look will take over even in some of the darker areas, such as the strongholds, mines, and even the End itself. Once you’ve gotten used to it, you won’t be able to go back to the original textures as they will feel too grim. Even though the pack is almost fully complete, the last version is for Minecraft 1.8.x. Additionally, if you want to experience the true potential of this pack, you’ll have to use it alongside Optifine. This will also help keep your performance intact, as the pack itself is of 64×64 resolution, which is three times that of the original textures. All in all, the HerrSommer Dye texture pack remains among the favorites of the Minecraft community, even with its updates being few and far between.
HerrSommer Dye should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8 - 1.7.10 - 1.7.9 - 1.7.4 - 1.7
HerrSommer Dye — Screenshots
How to install HerrSommer Dye Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the HerrSommer Dye texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links (including direct download links) provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on this site.
- By leaving comments below and voting for the pack, you help the authors improve their project.