Not everyone wants a Minecraft resource pack that completely alters the identity of the game, turning it into something that resembles the original. Feathercloud resource pack offers a different take on what it means to make Minecraft look better while preserving its look and feel. Being the HD version of the original Featherclud resource pack, Feathercloud Ultra takes the existing Minecraft textures and improves them to such an extent that the game simply looks amazing. Released just two years ago, Feathercloud ULTRA was the result of many hours of hard work from the user Jnaejnae. While the original non-HD version stopped receiving updates, Feathercloud ULTRA keeps getting new releases to make it work with the latest versions of the game. What Feathercloud ULTRA does is to improve texture quality in Minecraft. While the resolution of the textures has been increased to x128, 8 times the original resolutions, the game looks the same.
The difference is that there are more details on each block. Instead of cramping more details onto the same block, existing textures have been smoothed out. Even if everything is still made using blocks, the textures appear to have fewer shaper edges and much more vivid. This effect was obtained also by tweaking the colors of certain textures. The grass is now using a lime green color while dirt has a more vibrant, less grayish color. The same trend can be observed on hundreds of other textures. This is complemented by the removal of the dark border around the blocks. The original developer also used smother custom fonts and tweaked the player HUD. According to Jnaejnae, over 70% of the textures in the game have been edited and improved in Feathercloud ULTRA. The Feathercloud ULTRA resource pack looks great on its own with its smooth textures and vibrant colors. It can be complemented by a shader pack to take it a step further but it can affect performance as the resource pack is already demanding in terms of resources due to its high-resolution x128 textures.
Feathercloud should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.12.2 - 1.12 - 1.11.2 - 1.11 - 1.10.2 - 1.10
Feathercloud — Screenshots
How to install Feathercloud Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Feathercloud texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links (including direct download links) provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on this site.
- By leaving comments below and voting for the pack, you help the authors improve their project.