Approximately a year ago Bright Shadows resource pack was released, so today we are going to talk about not a new addition to the minecraft world. As we know, most realistically themed packs work towards creating as realistic as possible environment but at the same time trying to keep default minecraft gameplay style. Also, we all know that not every pack in realistic category have succeed in that. Bright Shadows does the same – creates realistic atmosphere, but it also makes the game a spectacular artwork. The resource pack does not change vanilla sounds, effects or animations of the game, it just contains certain block textures which changes minecraft environment, makes it more realistic and pleasant.
Bright Shadows textures are 128×128 in resolution which makes it necessary for you to use it on a computer with decent hardware. It is very important to note that textures in Bright Shadows resource pack are clean and crisp enough. Also, even through this pack is pretty much old now, it is still only about 40% complete. Don’t worry, slowly but it gets updated time by time. The incredible amount of detail makes the pack really fun to use. Sure, the pack is not feature-rich but it truly makes minecraft environment more realistic. Talking about color palette, it slightly deviates from the Minecraft’s vanilla palette. Color palette is much darker to convey the art style realistically.
Bright Shadows should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.11.2 - 1.11 - 1.10.2 - 1.10
Bright Shadows — Screenshots
How to install Bright Shadows Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Bright Shadows texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links (including direct download links) provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on this site.
- By leaving comments below and voting for the pack, you help the authors improve their project.