Far Cry has been a very successful franchise for Ubisoft. As part of their marketing campaign for the release of Far Cry 3, Ubisoft Entertainment released a texture pack inspired by the game. The Far Cry 3 resource pack introduces many elements and changes to vanilla Minecraft that replicate many aspects of the game. One of the most important aspects that the developers wanted to achieve is to replicate Far Cry 3 locations and characters in Minecraft. To achieve this, many textures in vanilla Minecraft were altered. There are new straw fences and walls, new water textures, cages, new textures for trees, the grass has been changed to be a lighter green, new crates, boxes, stone walls, and many more. All these elements combined allowed the developers of the Far Cry 3 resource pack to replicate the jungle-style visuals from the game and bring them to Minecraft.
Existing textures that were not replaced had their colors tweaked. Everything now looks more vibrant and the colors are much brighter. Player textures were edited to be more in line with the visuals from the popular shooter game. The Far Cry 3 resource pack can be used with any world but it was mainly designed for the Far Cry 3 map developed by the same folks that are behind the resource pack. As the game is not just about the environment and at its core it is a first-person shooter, the resource pack also had to introduce new weapons and tools. As this was not enough, the developers also changed the GUI, inventory, and fonts. There are also some new sounds. Going a step further, the Far Cry 3 map developed by Ubisoft to replicate locations from the game also contains 50 hidden bonuses for Minecraft players to discover. The resource pack itself uses the same 16x resolution as vanilla Minecraft. It runs well on older systems and can be installed manually or with Optifine HD.
Far Cry 3 should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.7.10 - 1.7.9 - 1.7.4 - 1.7 - 1.6.4 - 1.6.2
Far Cry 3 — Screenshots
How to install Far Cry 3 Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Far Cry 3 texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links (including direct download links) provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on this site.
- By leaving comments below and voting for the pack, you help the authors improve their project.